"One of the challenges with online shopping is worrying that you’re not getting the best deal. Customers abandon shopping carts regularly, thinking they’ll spend just a few more minutes researching the product in question, but then never return. A company called PoachIt, which has now closed on an additional $1.8 million in funding, is helping turn those hesitant buyers into customers through its intelligent shopping assistant and mobile apps that help to find working coupon codes, plus tools that allow you to track price drops for any product.”
One of the most popular posts from PoachIt’s blog was inspired by the Oscars, so we’re back at it— this time hitting up the Emmys. See what looks we’re poaching, based on the best-dressed starlets from this year’s awards.
1. Claire Danes in Givenchy Haute Couture; we found a similar look at ASOS. Ain’t no room for the cry face here!
2. Lizzy Caplan wore this amazing black Donna Karan Atelier black and white gown and looked like a really nice version of Cruella de Vil.
One of our favorite brands, Milly, plays with black and white in this bicolor cross-back chiffon gown from Neiman Marcus.
3. Heidi Klum continues to grace our Celebrity Crush list in this Zac Posen gown that’s all about eye-popping coral hues and layering that flatters. We found a similar look by Maison Rabih Kayrouz at Barneys.
4. Keke Palmer sparkled in this sapphire blue Rubin Singer dress,
…and we found the same beautiful mermaid cut by Badgley Mischka at Neiman Marcus!
5. Kate Mara shed the hoodie and simply rocked this sheek J.Mendel gown.
We see the resemblance in this BCBG Clarissa Sleeveless Lace High-Low Gown:
6. Is Gold the new Orange? Taryn Manning strikes a pose in this glamorous vintage piece at the Emmys!
And we found a similar gold frock at friendlier Pennsatucky price point from ASOS…
7. Kelly Osbourne, part of the E! Fashion Police squad, looked pretty adorbs in this NYC indie label Honor gown.
We spotted a dress with a similar lace bodice by Kay Unger at Neiman Marcus:
8. STOP EVERYTHING AND LOOK AT JULIA ROBERTS, AGE 46! Seriously… wow. In contrast to the ground-skimming gowns donned by her peers, Julia opted for this short beaded Elie Saab dress.
We tried really hard to find a match online, settling on this sequin number on Nordstrom:
9. A self-proclaimed “flibbertijibbet. A will-o’-the wisp. A clown" Allison Tolman strutted her stuff in this gorgeous Emerald green one-shoulder ensemble at the Emmys.
And oh hey, wouldya look at that… we found a one-shoulder pleated emerald gown designed by Monique Lhuillier at Neiman Marcus.
10. Dasha Polanco doesn’t look quite so sneaky in this strapless princess gown! No, she rounded out the OITNB cast as the best-dressed TV Show at the awards this year!
And PoachIt couldn’t help but be reminded of the sweet Arabelle dress from J.Crew…
Amy Poehler, who’s like, the funniest gal everrr looked awesome in this beaded Theia gown…
PoachIt found the exact match online at Neiman Marcus!
Did we miss your favorite look? Let us know and we’ll find you a match online! And why not check out our video to learn more about how PoachIt can find you the best deal online.
If you caught the MTV VMAs last night, you might be craving a little Shopping Therapy to glam up your closet.
No worries… indulge at YOOX, because with coupon code SHOPPING20 you’ll get an extra 20% off hundreds of Designer items! Hurry though— much like Cinderella’s carriage, the offer ends at midnight.
"Comedy is acting out optimism."
Even the eggheads at Facebook know the power of the almighty button. Just launched, the new “Save” feature will allow you to bookmark posts, photos, and the almighty Buzzfeed “Which Cat Are You?” quiz you just can’t fill out right this moment at work. All this content is stored in a folder that you can peruse at your leisure at a later point.
Sounds cool right?
We’re pretty excited about this is because it reinforces how even while we’re all super busy, we actually don’t overlook details— we want a chance to revisit things that pique our interest.
And we love buttons. We like to push things and see what happens. The PoachIt button? Same thang. Click it while you’re shopping online and kablammo! Consider those sneaks saved. No extra effort, no sloppy bookmarking. Plus, you know what’s even better than finding out which feline personality is most like yours?
So, in conclusion:
1- People love buttons
2- Use the PoachIt button to snap up products. They’ll live in your personal profile, where you can see them all in one place, coo to them, and do a little Price Drop Dance for them while wearing your pajamas backwards. (Or was that what we did for snow days?)
4- Can’t wait for a sale? That’s cool. We’ll display valid coupon codes for you right on the spot.
This is Kjeragbolten— a big ol’ rock wedged in a mountain’s crevice in Norway— suspended above a 3,228 feet abyss!
If you’re feeling boulder than most (see what we did there ;)) then shop the great outdoors at Eastern Mountain Sports and enjoy 20% off any full-priced item with coupon code SAVE20
I like that they are raising the bar - entrepreneurship is about two things, so I think you see two kinds of styles. First, it’s about being scrappy and focusing on value, not vanity. Hence, folks who eschew and ignore the trappings of fashion: sandals, T-shirts, jeans. On the other hand, we’re all out trying to make the world a better place … Attention to detail matters here, and how you present yourself, your workspace, and your product does fundamentally matter. Personally, I do place a premium on good design & taste – all else being equal, people want to be inspired.Aaron White, on Banana Republic’s new “The Startup Guy” fashion line.